WordPress is an SEO-friendly platform. A WordPress theme attached with one of the best WordPress SEO plugins can optimize your website’s SEO and attract great organic traffic. However, selecting one best plugin is a very complex task with hundreds of plugins available in the market.
Note: The word “best” is subjective. It depends on your current needs, budget, and goal. The best WordPress SEO plugins will help you boost your website speed, optimize the keywords or links, and makes your website “search engine friendly”.
11 Best WordPress SEO Plugins
Below, we have listed 11 best WordPress SEO Plugins that will help you rank higher in SEO platform. We have divided the list into – Free, Paid, and both Paid/Free version.
The SEO Plugins under this are available in both free and paid version:
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the original WordPress plugin and is considered to be the best available so far. This plugin improves your websites along with every technical optimization. It pleases both its visitors and search engine crawlers.
- Yoast SEO helps the user to create content which engages the readers. This plugin ensures that your content is precise, error-free, with no redundancy. You can also determine the pages which you want or don’t want to show in your Google search results.
- Yoast SEO makes sure that your website is indexed by Google so that search engines can easily pick your website. If this doesn’t happen then it will notify you on your dashboard. It also links SEO and social media and is capable of implementations such as Facebook and OpenGraph.
- It is great for internal linking as it creates simple routing for users and crawlers. It also automatically creates sitemaps, equipped with the most advanced XML Sitemaps features.
- This plugin is easy to navigate and has multisite compatibility, and it also scrutinizes the page well.
- It is simple, fast, easy to work and provides enormous features in a single plugin.
- It has is a large number of security threats, and all its features get activated at once, resulting in a slow speed of the website.
- For the advanced SEO settings, Yoast needs a premium version.
- It cannot control the structure of a site.
- It deals with bloated codes.
2. SEO Ultimate
The SEO Ultimate plugin has very useful data litheness features. It imports and exports data from different sources and from arbitrator SEO Plugins.
- You can edit the title tags of your page to make your title look catchier by using the title tag editor feature.
- You can edit tags for pages, attachments, posts, tags, post format, categories, archives, and homepage, with the help of Meta description editor feature of this plugin.
- The deep link juggernaut is very useful in creating internal linking and setting up keywords automatically.
- You can automatically generate Graph data for your pages, posts, homepage, user profile pages, and custom post type objects using open graph integrator. It is one of the best features of this plugin.
- This feature lets you monitor 404 errors in your website.
- You can insert code in the header, footer, before the content and after the content using the code inserter feature.
- It has a late update feature, thus, making it is less popular.
- The user may find things a little complicated.
3. SEO SQUIRRLY
Squirrly plugin provides you with a lot of features that other plugins don’t. It gives Excellent SEO for Humans and Search Engines.
- This plugin is safe to use as compared to other plugins as it contains duplicate remover tools.
- It provides guidance about how you can overcome with your marketing and SEO challenges
- It has a very unique feature of turning the light green when you are correct. It helps the user to detect any sort of mistake. • It keeps a track of your content marketing strategy.
- It is really useful for new users and beginners.
- It provides you with slideshow tutorials to guide you through the features, and their handling.
- The free version doesn’t contain enough features, you have to upgrade to the pro version of this plugin to avail other features.
4. W3 Total Cache
This is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins we swear upon. W3TotalCache optimize speed and improves the performance of your website. It raises the compatibility of your website to a great extent.
- It Provides accelerated mobile Pages support and protected Socket Layer support.
- It provides mobile support.
- It provides SSL support.
- It is one of the complete caching Plugins for sites powered by WordPress.
- It also offers a detailed elucidation for each of its features.
- The W3 total cache isn’t amongst the most easy-to-use Plugins
- The free version provides limited support.
With no investments needed, these are the best WordPress SEO Plugins for free:
5. All In One Schema.Org Rich Snippet
It provides a search engine that offers precise and important information to exhibit in search result snippets. The snippets that help you stand out from the crowd and rank higher in SERPs are included.
- It helps boost CTR, improves SEO rankings.
- It supports contents like event, review, people, recipe, video, articles and software applications.
- It supports most of the content as it works flawlessly with Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Facebook.
- It is free and very flexible WordPress Schema Plugin. It implements rich snippets for every post.
- It supports the richest snippets and is user-friendly.
- Information presented by this plugin is not vast enough.
- This plugin is difficult to manage manually and requires more design and customization options.
- The plugin doesn’t support local business markup.
6. ShortPixel Image Optimizer
Images are important. But what if it slow downs your website speed and degrades your SEO? Well, here is your rescue plugin. A must-download plugin for photography or any other site with a good number of images.
- ShortPixel helps in compressing JPG, PNG, GIF (still or animated) images and also PDF documents
- You can find an option to automatically convert PNG to JPG that will result in smaller images. This is Ideal for large images in PNG format.
- There’s no limit on file size.
- It is easy to set up and is available free of cost.
- 40 days optimization report with all image details and overall statistics.
- You can compress only 100 images with the free version.
it is the most popular redirect manager among the WordPress managers. It is used to control redirect at all sites. Like for example if you use 301 redirects then you can notify the search engine about any page which is being moved to another one in order to prevent page indexing.
- if you want to know about the number of times a redirect occurred or when the last redirect took place, then you can get this information with the help of redirect statistics.
- It monitors the 404 error logs and maps them to 301 redirects.
- You get complete regular expression support because it is completely localized.
- You can easily redirect all your URLs.
- This plugin allows you to administer your website right from your WordPress dashboard.
- It is available free of cost.
- Considerable contribution of server resources for scanning website for 404 errors.
- It lacks developer support.
8. AMP for WP
It speeds up your site and also provides features of the open source AMP Project. To access the posts on your site you need to append amp at the end of the posts URL because as soon as this plugin is activated all posts on your site become AMP compatible.
- It provides an unlimited color scheme and custom AMP FrontPage
- The mobile redirection feature empowers you to provide the faster user experience.
- Custom AMP editor allows you to add a different kind of content particularly for AMP
- It supports pages and posts and provides Google analytics support.
- Coding knowledge is not required for this plugin. It also offers you with WooCommerce integration.
- It’s not easy to implement and has a limited functionality.
- It has tracking problems as they don’t work with tracking implemented beforehand.
9. All in One SEO Pack
Created back in 2007, All in One SEO Pack is one of the most downloadable WordPress SEO Plugins.
- It has Google AMP (or Accelerated Mobile Pages) Support.
- All in One SEO pack has XML Sitemap Support. Submit it to Google and Bing to improve your SEO.
- Advanced support for SEO on Custom Post Types.
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post.
- Automatically notifies search engines about the changes made to your site.
- It supports Google Analytics.
- It is the only free WordPress Plugin that provides SEO integration for eCommerce sites including WooCommerce.
- Apparently, the customer care is poor.
Pay a bit and benefit a lot. The list below has the best WordPress SEO Plugins for a few bucks:
It gives you a crystal clear picture of your websites’ SEO health. This plugin gathers the necessary SEO intelligence of your website and presents them in one place.
- SEOPressor provides amazing functionality through which you can automatically make your keywords bold, italicized and/or underlined, throughout your article. All you need to do is just enter your main keyword in the tab. It is very easy to use and understand.
- It enables the plugin to suggest and guide the user to make their contextual signal strong for search engine interpretation.
- SEOPressor allows you to administer, construct, and mend the perfect internal link structure with an ease to increase reader’s retention and bounce rate.
- It has a 60-day money back guarantee; in case you are not satisfied.
- It provides poor customer support which makes it hard for a beginner to adjust to its surroundings.
- If you don’t have an SEO expert then it is really tough to work with this plugin as it consumes a lot of your time.
11. Premium SEO Pack
The Premium SEO plugin is self-sufficient with virtually all features required to optimize your site. It has very cool SEO features like social sharing, SERP tracking, and image optimization.
- This plugin helps you to directly publish your content from your website to Facebook. You can also compress your PNG and JPEG images in a stylish way.
- You can easily move your website from one domain to another by using the plugin’s redirecting attribute.
- By using the tracking module of this plugin, you can track keywords and pages sequentially to save time and improve ranking.
- The data is sourced out from Google analytics. It makes the dashboard easily understandable.
- It has the presence of search engine reporter and video sitemap. The bulk editor is also provided for mass optimization.
- The only disadvantage it has is the absence of RSS settings. The link builder is on the different page.
In the market, when everybody shouts “come for the best WordPress SEO Plugins here”… It is really troublesome to choose THE one. Therefore, we have come up with this tried-and-tested list of Plugins which are capable of resolving most of the SEO-related problems.
Also, always deactivate the Plugins that you don’t use because using a considerable number of Plugins simultaneously slows down the speed of your site. If the speed is already slow, these tips to speed up WordPress would definitely be an aid.
Share and help someone who is still confused about the best WordPress SEO Plugins.. 🙂