SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) protects against password sniffing and hacker/botnets attacks.
Also, it protects the data integrity through encryption and cryptographic hash functions.
In a nutshell:
SSH/SFTP play an important role in maintaining website security.
Now, accessing SSH/SFTP through Breeze Panel is a hassle-free task that can be done in just a few clicks. Let’s learn how.
Accessing SSH/SFTP on Breeze
1.1 Using Linux
1. Accessing SSH through Breeze Dashboard
Here’re the quick steps for both:
1.1 Using Linux
1. Access your Breeze.io panel by entering your email/username and password.
2. Click on the website name whose Shell you want to access, or simply click on “Manage” in front of the site name.
3. On Overview page, you can see a section of “SSH/SFTP Logins“. Here you can see (and copy) the username and password for your SSH/SFTP of your website.
4. Now, open the Linux CLI and type the following line of code:
ssh <username>@<ipaddress> -p <port>
Note: Use the SSH username and Port from SSH/SFTP Logins section. You can see IP address from Basic Detail section on Overview page.
5. As you enter, you will be asked whether you want to continue connecting or not? Type “yes“, and press Enter.
7. You will be asked for your password. Go to the Overview page on the Breeze dashboard, and get your SSH password.
8. Type your password on Linux CLI and press Enter.
9. Now you can successfully access your website’s Secure Shell.
1.2 Using PuTTy (Windows)
For accessing SSH on Windows, you need to install a software called ‘PuTTy’.
1. Download PuTTy, if not already installed on your device. Install and run PuTTy. Then follow the given steps to access SSH through it.
2. Once installed, open PuTTy, you will see a PuTTy Configuration box.
3. Enter the IP address and Port in their respective columns, and choose SSH in Connection type.
Refer to the image below for a better understanding. (IP address and Port are blurred for Privacy concerns).
4. Click “Open“.
5. You will be taken to PuTTy (Windows) CLI. Type your SSH username followed by this line of code:
6. Press Enter. You will now be able to access SSH.
2. Accessing SFTP through Breeze using FileZilla
Here’s what you need to do:
1. The first step would be to download FileZilla on your device, if it’s not there already.
2. Open FileZilla, on the top bar, fill in your following details:
- IP address (sftp://yourIPaddress)
3. Click “Quick Connect“.
4. As you connect, you can access SFTP through FileZilla. Here’s an example:
Note: In case you’re facing any issue in accessing SSH or SFTP through Breeze.io dashboard, please comment below your query, or talk to us directly. 🙂