￼Having contact forms on your website is crucial. Especially, when your viewers want to connect with you online. The contact forms made with best form plugins for WordPress play a vital role in storing your clients’ messages for you so that you can respond to them later.
Although they can reach out to you using your email address, telephone no. or physical address, contact forms made with best form plugins for WordPress still remain the best option.
The best thing about using Contact forms is that your users can get in touch with you without having to know your email address.
However, the contact forms shouldn’t be used to extract the sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank account details and other personal data of your customers (until unless you are an eCommerce company).
Importance of Contact Forms
The contact forms help in fetching you leads that can benefit you down the road. You can use these forms as an RSVP by adding some checkbox fields, or dropdown to know the response of your readers about your event or campaign.
Some other benefits of using contact forms are:
- Convenient communication
- Better client handling
- Enhanced email marketing
- Secure user data input
- Future rewards
10 Best Form Plugins for WordPress
To let your users connect to you in a better way, we’ve hand-picked the 10 most popular and best form plugins for WordPress that are easy to use and can help you create your own awesome contact form.
Our top ten picks are:
- Contact Form 7
- Ninja Form
- Jetpack Contact Form
- Gravity Form
- Visual Form Builder
- Happy Forms
- Pirate Form
- Formidable Form
- NEX Forms
The Contact Form 7 is probably the oldest and the most downloaded form builder plugin that still holds its popularity.
- It’s one of the oldest contact form plugins for WordPress that’s been used and trusted by many.
- It’s a simple contact form that you can use for your blog for free.
- Many third-party plugins work as its add-ons and those plugins too are available for free.
- The UI is not much intuitive.
- If you’re a beginner and don’t want to bang your head while setting up a plugin, you don’t want to go with Contact Form 7.
- You can choose other best form plugins for WordPress from the list.
Okay, I shouldn’t use Contact Form 7 if I’m a beginner. So, which form builder plugin should I choose instead?
WPForms is the answer.
- It’s the easiest form plugin available for the beginners who want to do everything on their own and learn bit by bit.
- Its drag and drop editor works great for every user.
- You can enjoy all its wonderful features, with its premium version which is quite affordable
- You can start with its annual plan which starts from just $39 per annum.
- Here, you can integrate your forms with MailChimp, Zapier, GetResponse, AWeber and Campaign Monitor.
- Most of the handy features and integrations are available only with the paid version of WP form.
If add-ons, features, and integrations are your preference, there is no looking further than the Ninja Forms -the best form plugins for WordPress.
- First thing first, Ninja forms can be accessed for free.
- There are no limitations on forums, fields, and emails. However, with its paid version you get more features.
- It has 40+ add-ons, different layouts, and updates, integrations include MailChimp, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, and Zapier.
- The plugin lets you create beautiful contact forms.
- Ninja forms are a bit expensive when compared to the WPForms.
- Its yearly premium membership starts from $99 per year.
- However, with the dozens of features and add-ons, the pricing can be justified.
Out of 30 modules of Jetpack, contact form module is a powerful one.
- This WordPress plugin allows you to build your own clean and elegant contact form for your viewers.
- It sends an email notification to every contact response.
- Yes, you can customize the email address. You can try it for free!
- You get no backups with its free plan.
- You get daily backups and other features such as automatic spam filtering with its paid plan that starts at 2000 INR yearly In USD it will cost you around $30 per year.
- For businesses, the premium plan price is 4,200 INR per year where you also get revenue generation feature.
Looking for a contact form that has all the advanced features in it? If money isn’t a big deal for you and quality and features come first, Gravity Form is the best form plugins for WordPress to go with.
A good example of a sober yet well-branded form made using Gravity form plugin is this.
- The plugin is powerful enough to create quiz, surveys, web directories and user submitted contents.
- You can also get premium support options such as Knowledge Base, FAQs and email support etc.
- It is the best in its class.
- It lets you create clean, crisp and clear contact forms for your WordPress site.
- It’s a paid plugin.
So, if you’re tight on budget, and don’t need a feature-rich form builder, you can go with other listed options that don’t cost you a penny.
With Visual Form Builder you can build and manage your contact form at one place.
- Visual Form Builder is the best choice for you if you are non-techie and have little knowledge of HTML, CSS or Java.
- With this form builder plugin, creating your unique contact forms is a child’s play!
- What makes Visual Form Builder one of the best form plugins for WordPress is you can add fields is just one click.
- There are multiple field layout options to allow you to arrange the fields in columns.
- The plugin helps to store all your form entries in the WP database by default.
- You can easily access and manage the data whenever you want.
- The trial for all the memberships is one-time free!
- The pricing depends on the no. of your sites and the cost is “per site”, not “per year”. This can be a problem for some WordPress users out there.
- If you wish to use unlimited forms for multiple sites, you need to pay $199 for it.
- For a single site with unlimited forms, the pricing is $29 where you need to buy the add-ons separately.
This is an amazing contact form plugin which is built in WordPress customizer.
- You needn’t learn a new UI.
- Whether you talk about code or performance this WordPress contact form plugin is one of the most lightweight and fast plugins of all times.
- It uses the drag and drop option that’s most of you are familiar with.
- Happy Forms make an amazing choice if you want something easy, fast and light -for Free!
- It’s a newer plugin, so if you are seeking something old, tested and trusted, you must go with other listed form builder plugins which are more popular, and used by more people.
Pirate forms are another great option for contact form builders. If you’re seeking a fully customizable framework for contact form builder, Pirate forms are the answer for you.
- It’s user-friendly and easy to use.
- You can create your own awesome contact form and take the credit.
- Pirate Forms offer a stunning reCaptcha feature helping you stay away from the spammers by blocking spam emails.
- You don’t get multiple-forms and MailChimp integration with the free version of the Pirate form.
- You have to move to its pro plan to avail more features and updates.
Want to have a form up and running in just a minute? Formidable forms are your best bet.
- Formidable forms plugins are free. And with this free plugin, you can easily create a clean, comely contact form real fast.
- The features like drag and drop, email notifications and visual styler are available.
- You can customize HTML and CSS to make your form look perfect.
- The features are so easy to use.
- This best form plugins for WordPress come with two pro versions.
- The cost for one site is $47 and for unlimited sites, it’s $117.
- Alike Ninja forms, Formidable forms also sell plugins separately.
- It can cost you so much in long run.
- Also, if you wish to use forms on more than one site, you have to go with the premium version that’s expensive enough for many users.
- Most of the important features come with the paid plan only.
Now creating a super-stylish and fast form is not a dream anymore! NEX form plugins are there to help you.
- These are amazing form plugins that offer tons of animation features, design customization options, 650+ icons and 1200 fonts.
- They have multi-step forms, email auto-responder, and sidebar widget option.
- The price of this best form plugins for WordPress is also quite affordable as it starts at just $34.
What else do you need to create a responsive, attractive and personalized contact form
- These are one of the most famous forms and not so old. So, if you are looking for something old and more trusted, you can still choose Contact Form 7 or Gravity Form plugins.
10 WordPress Contact Form Compared
|Forms||Feature||Starting Price||Active Installs||Best Suited For|
|Contact Form 7||Multiple contact forms, Customizable, supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering etc.||Free||5,000,000+||Experts|
|WPForms||Drag & drop, templates, responsive, conditional logic, multiple forms, multiple add-ons, spam protection etc.||$49/year||1,000,000+||Beginners|
|Ninja Forms||Developer friendly, translation ready, multiple add-ons and integrations, instant updates etc.||Free||1,000,000+||Blog|
|Jetpack Contact Form||Built-in spam filter, customizable, redirect readers to a specific page, multiple forms, create, edit and manage.||Free||4,000,000+||Business|
|Gravity Form||Intuitive UI, 30+ forms, conditional logic, email notification, multiple integrations, and responsive.||$59/year||1,000,000+||WooCommerce|
|Visual Form Builder||Easy interface, email designer, multiple field layout, data migration, spam verification, responsive, and import/export etc.||$29 for one site||100,000+||Blog|
|Happy Forms||Drag and drop, notifications and emails, honeypot, Google reCaptcha and spam prevention etc.||Free||700+||Multipurpose|
|Pirate Forms||Shortcode ready, reCaptcha, customizable, SMTP, multiple forms, multiple add-ons, support and updates etc.||Free||200,000+||Beginners & Blog|
|Formidable Forms||Fast, customizable, drag and drop, visual styler, multiple forms, graph/charts, white label, responsive.||$49 for one site||200,000+||Developers|
|NEX Forms||70+ animations, 30+ form fields, 1200+ fonts, conditional logic, drag and drop, anti-spam, popup forms, import/export etc.||$39||10,000+||Businesses & eCommerce|
No website is complete without a good contact form. There are many options available for free as well as paid form builder plugins. The best ones are mentioned on our list. Go through the comparison table and then choose the WordPress contact form plugin best suited for you.
Add your own website at breeze.io, and create an awesome contact form using any of these amazing plugins. Let us know how it worked out for you. Also, if you know a cool contact form plugin for WordPress or a plugin that didn’t do well, tell us in the comments section below.