Are you looking to upload images watermarks in Magento 2?
Attaching the watermarks to product images is an excellent and easiest way to prevent product stealing.
But having to add a watermark to each image one by one takes time and energy. You have to change every product image.
However, Magento 2 comes with the inbuilt feature to add the watermark to the product image in one setting. You do not need to install the Magento extension.
In this quick tutorial, we will learn the step-by-step process of uploading images and watermarks in Magento 2.
Why upload Images Watermarks in Magento 2?
Once the store becomes popular, many ecommerce store owners try to copy the products. They might give a better offer on their product to get the edge in the market.
However, selling a product takes more than setting up a website. And one critical part is product images.
The brands use custom product images. They invest in photoshoots, product photography, and modeling. It costs money but is worth it as it improves the conversion rate by enhancing the user experience.
What if the newcomer copies the images and sets up their store. It is a copyright infringement. But it is impossible to track each website stealing your store’s images and send them a copyright strike.
Image watermarks are an alternative. Add a faintly visible brand logo over the product image. Not when the thieves steal your image, they have to crop the watermark, which will ruin the image.
Upload Images Watermarks in Magento 2
Follow the steps to upload images watermarks in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento admin dashboard
- Navigate to Content > Design > Configuration
It will open the list of store themes.
Click on the Edit button to open the Magento Theme Edit option.
- On the next page, scroll down to Product Image Watermarks section
There are 4 type of images to add the watermark to:
- Base: Original product images.
- Thumbnail: Product images displayed in the thumbnail.
- Small: Small size product image can be seen in similar products.
- Swatch: Small product variation images displayed on product page.
In each type of image, you have to:
- Image: Upload the image you like to use as a Watermark.
- Image Opacity: The range of image opacity – defined with the percentage.
- Image Size: Size of the watermark image in Length into Width pixel format.
- Image Position: Select the image position from the drop down menu.
When the boxes are filled, click on Save Configuration to apply changes.
That’s it. There are watermarks on the product image.
You can practically create a Magento store in less than an hour. Steal the product from the competitor’s site, reduce the pricing and run Facebook ads.
It all takes a weekend to set up and automate.
You can protect your website images from becoming part of such a hobby store. For that, adding an image watermark is the easiest way.
In this article, we learned to upload images with watermarks in Magento 2. If you encounter an issue, please leave it in the comment section.