A wishlist is a list of products that registered customers like but do not buy. All the products liked go to one list, which can be shared with friends and family. The page with all the products can be accessible through a link and it becomes shareable.
But Wishlist is not enabled by default. In this tutorial, we will configure the wishlist in Magento 2.
Why enable Wishlist?
Sometimes customers are not in a position to buy the product at the time they select the product. But if they close the session, all the products selected would be lost. They have to find them again, which is not a good experience.
With Magento, you can give them a way to add the products in a separate list which they can share with friends, or check themselves later.
When the customer shares their wishlist, it is marketing, and drives new traffic to the ecommerce store. That’s why having a wishlist is important for an ecommerce store.
How to configure the Wishlist in Magento 2?
- Login to your Magento admin dashboard
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration
- Expand Customers tab to find the WIshlist option
- In the Wishlist, you will find three setting
General Options setting:
Turn it on by selecting Yes from the dropdown.
Share Options setting:
- Email Sender: Contact name to appear in the list.
- Email Template: The template to set when sharing the Wishlist.
- Max Emails Allowed to be Sent: Maximum number of emails to send (10-10,000)
- Email Text Length Limit: Number of characters used in the email.
My Wish List Link:
Configure how you want to display the wishlist. Select an option from the dropdown.
Finally click on Save Config to save the changes.
- How to Redirect to Customer Dashboard after Login in Magento 2?
- How to Configure Magento 2 Admin Action Log?
- Configure Magento 2 RSS Feed for Order Status Notification
- How to Configure Contact Us Page in Magento 2?
Having a wishlist sharing enables the customers to share their product wishlist to their friends and family.
For the upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, and festivals, one can look at the wishlist and buy the product they would like to have.
In this quick tutorial, we learn to configure the Wishlist in Magento 2. If you encounter any issue, please leave it in the comment section.