Are you looking to configure pagination controls in Magento 2?
A proper pagination helps in improving the customer’s browsing experience. And on the technical level, it improves the crawling by making all the products accessible through the page numbers.
In this quick tutorial, we will be configuring the pagination controls in Magento 2.
Configure Pagination Controls in Magento 2
Follow the steps to configure pagination controls in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento Dashboard
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Click Edit button to Edit the Theme
- Scroll down to find the Pagination
From here, you can configure the pagination for the Magento store.
- Pagination Frame: Enter the number of Page Numbers you want to display on the store.
- Pagination Frame Skip: You do not need to change it. But it skips the number of pages. If you enter 5, it will skip the 5 pages.
- Anchor text for Previous: Enters the Anchor text for the Previous button
- Anchor Text for Next: Enters the Anchor text for the Next button
Click on the Save Configuration button to save the changes. That’s it. You have configured the pagination controls.
More Magento Tutorials:
- How to Configure Price Scope in Magento 2?
- How to Add Order ID and IP Address in Invoice in Magento 2?
- How to Import Customers in Magento 2?
- How to upload Product Videos in Magento 2 from YouTube?
Ecommerce Pagination Best Practices
Now you know how to manage the pagination setting, here are the several best practices you should follow:
- Only Noindex the pages if you really have to
- Give each page a unique URL (Magento automatically do this)
- Don’t use the first page of a paginated sequence as the canonical page. Instead, give each page its own canonical URL.
- Consider using preload, preconnect, or prefetch to optimize the performance for a user moving to the next page.
- Avoid indexing variations of the same list of results, block unwanted URLs
You cannot show all the products on one page. It will create the ‘Loading Fatigue’ as the user will get tired clicking the Load more button. Also, it creates deep linking, as page 2 comes after page 1. In pagination, all the page links are on the same page and get crawled simultaneously.
In this quick tutorial, we learned to configure Magento 2 pagination controls. If you encounter any issue, please feel free to leave it in the comment section.