Are you looking to create Multiple Stores in Magento 2?
Magento platform comes with many features useful for running a successful ecommerce store. One of the features is creating multiple stores under one Magento configuration.
All the stores can be on one domain name or a different domain name – yet share the one back-end configuration.
With all the stores in one configuration, you can easily manage the core, secure the core, and do customisations and updates. The change will be affected all the stores in that configuration.
In this quick tutorial, we will learn how to create multiple Magento stores in Magento 2.
Advantages of Creating Multiple Stores in Magento 2
Creating multiple stores in Magento 2 serves various purposes in ecommerce.
Advantages of Magento multiple stores are:
- Use the same payment gateways in all the stores and save money
- Get uniform support from third-party extensions for all the stores
- Unified customer database to be used across all the stores
- Share Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policies, and other documentation
- Sell different types of goods from the same domain name. Keeping the brand intact but identity different
- Manage all the product statuses from one dashboard
Follow the instructions to take advantage of multiple stores in Magento 2.
Select the Store Domain
Before we create multiple stores in Magento 2, you have to choose the domain name of the store you will create.
There are several ways to do it.
- Different directory but same domain name. The URL would be like: domain.com/MulstipleStore. You don’t have to do anything.
- Set up a subdomain for your primary domain. For example: multiplestore.domain.com. You have to create a subdomain and configure the Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Pick a completely different primary domain. You have to configure the DNS for the separate domain.
How to Setup Multiple Stores in Magento 2?
Follow the steps to setup multiple stores in Magento 2:
#1 Add the New Store
Open the Admin Panel. Navigate to the Stores > Settings > All Stores
Click on Create Store, then follow the below to create a new store.
Fill the required information:
- Website: Select the website from the dropdown. The website will be the parent of the new store. If there is one store, select the default ‘Main Website’.
- Name: Fill the Name for the new store. It is for the internal references and avoiding confusion.
- Root Category: In the Root Category field, you will set the root category for the main menu of the new store. The created root categories are shown in the dropdown list, select one for the store.
Click on the Save Store to complete.
#2 Add a Default Store View
The new store is created. However, you have to create a separate store view for the new store.
Navigate to the Stores > Settings > All Stores. Click on Create Store View.
On the next page you will have to fill the Store View Information.
- Store: Select the new store you created.
- Name: Pick a name for Store View to avoid any confusion.
- Code: Add a Code. The code helps in SEO to avoid duplicate URLs. Use lowercase characters.
- Status: Choose “Enabled” for the Status.
- Sort order: Determine the position of the new store in the list.
Save Store View to save all settings.
#3 Setup the Store URL
The new store is created and the store view is set up. But it need an URL to load on.
In this step, we will configure the Store URL.
- Open the Admin Panel. Navigate to the Stores > Settings > Configuration
- On the left panel > under General > select Web.
- In the upper-left corner, choose the Store View under Scope to check the new store you added.
Open the Base URLs section under the Web settings.
Here you can Add the Base URL that we selected earlier. The base URL is for the store view for the store we created.
You can do the same for the Secure Base URLs. The secure URL section is below the Base URL section. Finally click on Save Config to complete.
If you are planning to diversify your product offering, having multiple stores in Magento 2 is a fantastic way. You can quickly set up a different store on the same configuration and quickly process the order from the same dashboard.
However, the more multiple stores you set up, the more server requirements you will have. It could lead to various issues. Unless you are with a quality hosting provider.
At Breeze, we provide scalable hosting with one click plan upgrade. There is no migration fee and adding resources to the store is one message away. Take trial to see yourself.
I hope this article helped you. If you encounter any errors, please feel free to leave them in the comment box.