Are you looking to configure Magento 2 Country List?
Magento is a powerful ecommerce platform with multiple features to help scale the ecommerce business. One amazing feature is you can set the country list where you operate the business.
In this quick tutorial, we will learn how to configure a country list in Magento 2.
Why Configure Magento 2 Country List?
Your website can open anywhere in the world. But it does not mean business is global. Would you be able to process a shipment internationally?
There are a number of taxes, forms, and shipping requirements to ship the product into different countries. That’s why brands set up different stores (under multisite) for different countries. The different stores are often run by different teams.
For a small team, it would be better to remove the option to place an order from the location you do not sell service. So if someone buys the product, they will not see the place in the list where you do not ship the product.
How to configure Magento 2 Country List Options?
Follow the steps to configure Magento 2 country list options:
- Login to admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration
- Select General from the General section
- Expand the Country Options
- Default Country: Select the country where your business is located.
- Allow Countries: Tick the countries from where your store is allowed to accept orders.
- Zip/Postal Code is Optional for: Pick the countries where you conduct business but adding the Postal code is not necessary.
- European Union Countries: EU countries where your business is running.
- Top Destination: The countries you are targeting to do sales.
Finally, click the Save Config to save changes. That’s it. You configured the Magento 2 country list options.
- How to Add Order ID and IP Address in Invoice in Magento 2?
- How to Import Customers in Magento 2?
- How to Show Breadcrumbs for CMS Pages in Magento 2?
- How to Configure Payment Failed Email in Magento 2?
Sorry, we do not ship orders to your location. We are processing the refund and you will see the amount in your account in a few days.
Sending this message does not put the brand in the good ligt. So, it would be better to not let the users select such addresses for order delivery.
In this quick tutorial, we configures the Magento 2 country list. If you encounter any issue, please feel free to post it in the comment section.