Are you looking to configure Magento 2 Admin Action Log?
When multiple admins are working on the store, the change question may arise. Who made what changes to the store?
In this quick tutorial, we will learn to configure Magento 2 Admin Action log.
What is Magento 2 Admin Action Log?
Magento 2 Admin Action Log is a Magento Commerce process to log every action admins take. When there are several admin accounts, you would like to track the changes made by each admin account. It reduces the confusion, and the accident makers could be held accountable.
The Magento 2 Admin Action Log shows the admins’ IP, name, and date to the store owners. More information includes:
|Time||The date & time of the action|
|Action Group||Shows the action type. It correlates to the actions enabled on the Admin Actions Logging screen in the Settings.|
|Action||Shows the action that was logged|
|IP Address||IP address of the machine on which the action was performed|
|Username||Login ID for the user who performed the action|
|Result||Shows the success/failure of the action|
|Full Action Name||Shows the backend action name|
|Details||Shows the backend action category|
|Full Details||Shows all the logged details of the admin section|
Steps to Configure Magento 2 Admin Action Log (Commerce Edition)
The Magento Commerce Edition comes with the inbuilt logging solution. Steps to configure Magento 2 admin action log:
- Log in to your Magento admin
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Select Admin under Advanced
- Expand the Admin Actions Logging section
- Select the checkbox for Admin Action Logging
- Click on Save Configuration to save changes
Steps to Configure the Magento 2 Admin Action Log (Opensource Edition)
The open-source edition does not have an inbuilt feature for this action. You have to install a Magento extension to log admin action.
Best Magento 2 Admin Action Log Extensions are:
- Admin Actions Log by Mageplaza (Free)
- Admin Actions Log by Amasty ($229)
- Admin Actions Log by Boostmyshop ($99)
- Admin Actions Log by Drcsystems-design ($12)
- Magento 2 Admin Actions Log Extension by MageComp ($99)
Install any one of these extensions and configure the Action Log.
- How to Unlock Magento 2 Admin User Account?
- How to Reset Magento 2 Admin Password?
- How to Change Magento 2 Admin URL?
- How to Setup Store Information in Magento 2?
Blame games not only hurt the organization but the employee’s morale too. With no data and proof, you would be in a situation where you cannot say anything because there is always a chance that the wrong person would get the heat.
Having an admin action log is concrete proof of their actions. It makes performance management more accessible.
I hope this quick article helped you to configure the Magento 2 Admin Action log. If you encounter any issues, please feel free to leave them in the comments.