Are you looking to configure search catalog in Magento 2?
With so many products in the store, users may not be able to find the product they are looking for. A search engine narrows down the result by matching the query with the product attributes according to the weight assigned.
In this quick tutorial, we will learn to configure catalog search in Magento 2.
Why Configure Catalog Search in Magento 2?
Having a search function is important for the ecommerce store. While you would like the visitor to surf the store and browse the products – but it is a poor browsing experience.
Imagine browsing products for an hour realizing the store does not sell what you are looking for. Mostly, there are some industries which can operate without a search engine.
For example, a pharmacy store. Without a search engine, you cannot search for the medicine you are looking for. The Magento store with marketplace containing 100s of sellers and 1000s of products – finding a product will be impossible without a search engine.
A simple search engine configured for Magento 2 can help a lot.
- How to Configure Contact Us Page in Magento 2?
- How to Configure Magento 2 Sitemap?
- How to Configure Magento 2 Robots.txt?
- How to Configure Product Custom Options in Magento 2?
Configure Catalog Search in Magento 2
Follow the steps to configure catalog search in Magento 2:
- Log in to Magento admin panel
- Navigate to the Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Find the Catalog option under Catalog setting
- Expand the Catalog Search tab to configure the catalog search
- Minimal Query Length: Minimum number of characters should be typed to make a search
- Maximum Query length: Maximum number of characters allowed to create a search
- Number of Top Search Results to Cache: There might be some search queries made regularly. You can cache those results to improve the search speed. The number is the number of searches made to assign as cache.
- Search Engine: Select the search engine you like to use. At Breeze we offer Elasticsearch that you can enable from the Breeze dashboard.
- Autocomplete Limit: How many words to use in showing autocomplete
- Enable Search Suggestions: Turn the search suggestions On/Off.
- Show Results Count for Each Suggestion: Show how many products are there that match the search query. It might slow down the store performance.
- Enable Search Recommendations: Show similar searches made by previous users and suggest related searches.
- Search Recommendations Count: Number of recommendations made.
Once everyone is set up, click on Save Configuration to Apply Changes.
Having a catalog search options ease the process of finding the product on Magento 2 store.
It also give insight to what product users are looking on the Magento store. You can add them to the catalog or show the most searched product on the home page.
In this quick tutorial, we learned the configure catalog search in Magento 2. If you encounter any issue, leave it in the comment section.