WordPress Analytics Plugins play an imperative role in analyzing website performance and tracking website traffic.
The right WordPress analytics plugins help website owners access extensive data. This data helps them track visitors and discover their likes and dislikes.
The WordPress analytics solutions also let you find out the factors holding back the efficiency of your website.
Why You Need WordPress Analytics Plugins?
The web analytics plugins provide some useful metrics regarding your website. These statistics are quintessential for you to plan your future strategies.
Furthermore, you can get detailed insights about your online visitors and most visited posts and pages with analytics plugins.
Note: Before tracking the top pages and posts, you must have the 6 most important pages on your WordPress site.
When you use WordPress analytics plugins, you learn following things from the data:
- The total number of users visiting your website.
- The sources that are driving you traffic. (For instance, search engines, social media, advertisements, or referral links).
- Your top posts and pages that are mostly viewed
- What users do when they are on your website.
Not just this, the web analytics plugins also help you with:
- Planning your marketing and content strategy
- Doing site SEO
- Optimizing website design
- Analyzing website trends
- Helping improve the user experience
In a nutshell, you can know what’s working best for your website, and what your users loving about your site.
Likewise, you can invest money in the right direction to run promotional campaigns and strategizing your web content.
No doubt, the Analytics plugins for WordPress help improve site SEO up to a limited extent. However, for sure-shot SEO success and better ranking, you need to use the best WordPress SEO plugins for your website.
Having said that. let’s unveil the best analytics plugins that WordPress owner must try.
We’ve accumulated the top performing and the most trusted Web analytics solutions for WordPress. Compare them to make a better choice.
Top 17 Web Analytics Plugins for WordPress
4. WP Statistics
5. Crazy Egg
12. Adobe Analytics
13. AFS Analytics
14. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP)
17. WP Power Stats
Starting with the best, MonsterInsights is an amazing analytics solution for all WordPress sites today.
With over 1 million active installs, It becomes the no. 1 plugin that lets you easily add Google analytics in WordPress. Also, it helps you analyze tracking reports in just a few clicks on your WordPress dashboard.
There are following two ways to add the Google Analytics tracking code to your WordPress using MonsterInsights:
i) Authenticate using your Google account (it’s like using a social login)
ii) Manually paste in your Google Analytics ID
Most of the users find the first method better. Why? Because that’s what lets MonsterInsights display actual traffic reports inside the WordPress dashboard:
Here’s what MonsterInsights traffic report looks like:
It might take 12-24 hours to show the data. You can track the data under the “Reports” section.
Top MonsterInsights Features
- Shows your top traffic sources in WordPress admin area with website stats dashboard.
- Displays your top ranking posts and pages to understand the user behavior even better.
- Helps review your site’s performance from within the dashboard. No need to login into your Analytics profile!
- Track outbound link clicks to see top external content your visitors like.
- Create custom dimensions with its premium version.
- E-commerce tracking for premium MonsterInsights users.
- Form tracking to track how people interact with your forms.
- A lite version of the plugin is available to download for free.
P.S. For most websites, MonsterInsights Pro version is the perfect Google analytics solution. It offers event tracking, e-commerce tracking, affiliate link tracking, form tracking, and many more features.
You can try MonsterInsights Lite for free.
Price: MonsterInsights Plus @ $99.50 / year
2. CAOS Analytics
CAOS for Google Analytics is a complete analytics optimization solution that lets you host analytics.js locally.
You can then keep it updated automatically using WordPress’ built-in Cron-schedule script in wp_cron().
CAOS can help you avoid ‘leverage browser caching’ warning, and also help reduce external HTTP. To integrate this, you will need to install ‘Complete Analytics Optimization Suite’ by Daan Van Den Bergh.
Also, CAOS can help you score higher on Pagespeed and Pingdom by making your website load faster. How? Because when you use this plugin, the user’s browser can directly download the file from Google’s external server.
To enjoy the benefits, just install the plugin and enter your Tracking-ID. The plugin adds the required Tracking Code for Google Analytics to the header (or footer) of your theme. Once you download, its dashboard will look like this:
For more information: How to setup CAOS for Analytics.
Top CAOS Features
- Host analytics.js/ga.js locally,
- Allow tracking always or only when a certain cookie exists or has a value — Read more about GDPR Compliance,
- Add tracking code to header, footer or manually,
- Set-Cookie Expiry Period,
- Set Adjusted Bounce Rate,
- Change enqueue order (prioritize the order of loaded scripts),
- Force disabling display features functionalities,
- Anonymize IP addresses,
- Track logged in Administrators,
- Remove script from wp-cron, so you can add it manually to your Crontab,
Price: Starts at Free
KISSmetrics is another analytics and conversion optimization plugin for WordPress.
Instead of telling you about what’s happening on your websites like Google Analytics and MonsterInsights, KISSmetrics take a behavior-based approach and tells you who is doing it.
You can get important metrics and data using this amazing plugin for WordPress.
If you use WordPress for an e-commerce business, Congratulations! KISSmetrics is perfect for large e-commerce websites too! It helps with events/products based user tracking and much more.
Note: You can integrate KISSmetrics with WordPress easily. How? Just install the plugin and enter your API key. With Kissmetrics, you can also track people along sales funnels to optimize your site accordingly.
Top Kismetrics Features
- Unlimited reports
- Unlimited A/B split tests
- Visitor segmentation
- Dedicated consultation and support (professional plan)
- Track an individual user and see what they did throughout the time spent on your site.
- Connects all your data to actual people
- It tracks users across browsers, devices, and time.
- Choose which events to track and leave it on Kissmetrics
P.S. The only downside of KISSmetrics is the price. Most small businesses and individuals will not want to shell out much money for an analytics solution. Therefore, we recommend bigger enterprises to go for this WordPress analytics plugin.
Price: $150/month for up to 500,000 monthly events.
4. WP Statistics
WP Statistics is a one-stop solution for all your WordPress analytics needs.
When you install WP statistics, you can analyze the tracking stats with simple graphs in your WordPress admin area.
WP Statistics helps track redirects from different referrers, browsers and search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. You can easily see these stats in your dashboard by managing user roles.
Here’s an example of tracking the reports of top ranking pages and posts:
Top WP Statistics Features
- Maxmind GeoLite2 technology to showcase in-depth geographical data
- Filter data as per browser versions, visitors country, search keywords, IPs, pages etc.
- Protects privacy with hashing IP addresses in the database
- Shortcodes for data in posts/pages and widgets
- Allows to export collected data to XML, CSV or TSV files
- Automatically emails reports for all statistics.
- Records stats on exclusions
Price: Starts at Free
Premium Version Pricing depends upon Add-ons.
5. Crazy Egg
Want to know where your visitors are clicking on your site? There’s no looking further than Crazy Egg plugin. It uses a technology called heat-mapping, that helps the users to visualize users interaction with your WordPress site.
With Crazy Egg, you can also know how far your users scroll on your pages and posts. This way, you can analyze the content of your website and decide on the best-performing ones.
In a nutshell, Crazy Egg is an analytics software program that makes your performance tracking experience visual and fun. Therefore, we’ll say, it’s definitely worth a try!
Here’s the tracking script to use while using Crazy Egg for WordPress:
Top Crazy Egg Features
- Confetti tool allows you to segment the clicks into referrals, sources, search terms, etc.
- A/B testing tool to pick the right color, font, and image based on the user stats.
- Make data-driven action for your website’s design and landing pages.
- Heatmaps and individual session recordings to know your website visitors
- Know where your users are coming from, navigating to, and spending time on.
Price: Starts at Free!
Real-time event tracking sounds cool. Mixpanel helps you add it for your campaigns!
Bonus? It is available for websites as well as mobile apps. With a powerful user level targetting you can now build user retention by sending push notifications and emails to your visitors.
Mixpanel lets you create funnels to track your visitors and boost conversions. It allows 2 types of pricing plans — People plan and Engagement plans.
i) People Plan: With people plan, you can collect the data of 1000 user profiles for free.
ii) Engagement Plan: With the engagement plan, you can collect up to 20 million data points per month.
You can choose either of the two as per your choice and need.
Having said that, you’ll enjoy all the amazing features and better website performance after using this WordPress analytics plugin. The image below is showing what you get when you choose MixPanel.
Top MixPanel Features
- Track user engagement with your products,
- Know their source (website or mobile apps)
- Measures the actions people take on your products
- Advanced segmentation options to visualize complex data
- Funnel experiments to increase conversions
- Customer groupings to know and track them
- Customer retention reports
Note: Mixpanel is another event-based analytics tool. Some people compare it very favorably with KISSmetrics. As it offers similar functionality but is much more affordable, since it offers a free account.
The only downside of MixPanel is that it’s not as easy to set up as MonsterInsights and a few other plugins.
Price: Free for up to 25,000 data points, paid accounts from $150 per month.
See the Pricing Table .
7. Matomo (formerly Piwik)
Matomo, formerly known as Piwik, is a free open source analytics solution for WordPress websites.
Basically, it’s a self-hosted solution. It, however, has a premium cloud-hosted version too.
With Matomo you get user-centric insights, data protection, custom, and extensive analytics reports, heat-maps, a/b testing, and much more.
Its self-hosted version is free of cost. Once you install it, you can track user interactions on your WordPress site hassle-free.
If you want to make it easier, and don’t want to deal with the technical steps, Matomo’s cloud-hosted version will be your best bet.
The pricing for Matomo’s cloud-hosted version is generally based on the page-views (tracked on your websites and mobile apps).
P.S. Matomo is an all-in-one leading web analytics solution designed to deliver the most conclusive insights with the startling range of features.
Top Matomo Features:
- Customizable dashboard (for multiple websites too)
- Goal conversion, events, and e-commerce tracking
- Site speed and page speed analysis
- Detailed logs for individual visitors
- Scheduled reports via email
- Mobile app to display statistics on your phone.
- 30-day free trial available for Pro version
Self-hosted Version: Free of cost
Cloud-Hosted Version: Starts at $9/month for 5 websites up to 50,000 page-views.
Looking for a premier web analytics platform that lets you track user interaction and real-time statistics with ease? There’s no beating Woopra!
It focuses on customer trends, interaction, retention, segmentation, and more.
With Woopra, you track what your users are interested in. Also, you can monitor what’s stopping your visitors from taking an action on your site. This makes online success easier.
Furthermore, you can track and unify data across product, sales, support, and marketing with custom tracking with over 50 integrations.
P.S. With a similar approach like KISSmetrics, Woopra lets you track the detailed behavioral profiles of your visitors. It allows instant collection and tracking of important data.
Here’s the amazing example of analytics tracking on Woopra:
Top Woopra Features:
- Real-time analytics
- Real-time notifications
- Analytics for funnels
- Track visitors interest
- Automated weekly reports emailing
- Discover dead ends inside funnels
- Customer Retention analytics
- Visitor and member tagging
Free account with limited features available for 30,000 actions per month.
Paid accounts Pricing.
Track every event on your website or mobile app automatically with Heap Analytics.
When used on mobile, Heap gets you the track of every touch, swipe, tap, or and any other gesture-generated event without any configuration.
Heap works amazingly well when it comes to website performance tracking. However, Heap is a bit different from Google Analytics.
Heap focuses on automatic events tracking whereas Google Analytics only tracks page views automatically. Also, Heap makes individual user tracking easier across separate devices and cookies as well.
Moreover, Heap Funnels let you see every minute action before a conversion: This might help you in identifying drop-off, decrease friction, and also in improving your site’s conversion rate.
Here’s how Heap tracking chart looks like:
P.S. Heap is a web analytics solution that enables you to track onsite events for your WordPress site and mobile apps automatically. Yes, it doesn’t need any third-party plugins, Heap might be the right solution for you.
Top Heap Features
- Heap’s Event Visualizer for conversion funnels set up and segmentation analysis (without using code)
- Quick and easy website or iOS app tracking.
- Heap tracks click and form submissions are also amazing features.
- Custom pricing for big companies (as per their needs)
Free: The free version of Heap allows you to track only 5000 sessions per month.
Pro version starts at $299.Mo.
JetPack by WordPress.com is probably one of the most trusted and simplest WordPress analytics plugins today.
The plugin helps you gather basic stats in your WordPress dashboard with little work on your part. Users can use this plugin on any self-hosted WordPress site to track their visitors.
The best thing about JetPack analytic solution is it’s free to use and a suitable option for small blogs as it offers easy to understand traffic reports.
To connect your site to WordPress.com servers and run Jetpack, you would require a free WordPress.com account.
Once, you have successfully connected, you can now easily track your website reports on your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s an image for JetPack weekly reports tracking:
Top Jetpack Features
- Track website traffic and know your visitors
- Increase traffic with Related Posts, Publicize or Sharing features
- Prevent your site from Brute Force Attacks
- Customization tools like Galleries, Carousels, and Notifications
- Overview of daily page and post views
- Top-performing content, referrers, and link clicks
- Summaries for monthly, weekly, and yearly traffic with comparison
Pro version starts at $200/Mo
Also Read: Best Security Plugins for WordPress
Seeking a super-easy and beginner-friendly solution to track website traffic? Parse.ly is the plugin for you.
Parse.ly offers an easy to use interface that gives clear audience insights to its users.
This platform offers the following 3 products:
i) Content Dashboard: The content dashboard of Parse.ly is quite streamlined. It gives WordPress users, a clear picture of their website analytics in real time.
II) API: Create great use of audience analytics with Parse.ly’s content-powered APIs. It’s a powerful recommendation tool that can help you double your page-views and time spent on your website.
III) Data pipeline: this product from Parse.ly lets you unlock all your data in an easy-to-query and transport data format.
You can buy these products individually or as a bundle as per your needs and budget.
Furthermore, you can use Parse.ly’s historical trends to view 30 unique attention metrics and get a clear understanding of the past results and future trends.
Top Parse.ly Features
- Explore historical trends and make data-driven decisions to boost your revenue.
- Custom quotes for products based on your website’s needs
- Campaign tracking with UTM codes and other popular parameters
- Track video analytics for strong content strategy
- Tailor content experiences for the fast-changing audience online
So, whether you’re an advanced WordPress user, or are a newbie in analytics tracking, Parse.ly is the plugin for you.
Get started with Parse.ly today!
Price: Download for Free
12. Adobe Analytics
Adobe Analytics, by Adobe Systems, is an advanced tool for enterprise-level websites.
This analytics plugin helps you understand your customers and their interaction with your website.
Also, know how do they like your brand through visualizations, cross-channel marketing capabilities, and advanced analytics.
With Adobe Analytics, you can easily determine your most valuable user segments and serve them better through customer intelligence. Moreover, you can measure user interaction on your mobile apps and deliver better across all devices.
P.S. If you want to keep the track of data in real time, and if insights are like oxygen for you, then Adobe Analytics is THE PLUGIN for you.
Here’s an example of advanced segmentation done with Adobe Analytics:
Top Adobe Analytics Features
- Capture data from virtually any source (i.e. web, email, campaigns, mobile devices, client-server applications etc.).
- Analysis Workspace feature for building custom analysis projects
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation
- Multiple rules-based and algorithmic approaches to track customer behavior
- Create, manage and share audience segments based on any behavior
Price: See the Pricing
13. AFS Analytics
The AFS Analytics plugin for WordPress is a professional plugin for tracking website performance. It is pretty easy to use and provides several advanced features for enhanced results.
AFS Analytics comes with real-time analytics and reporting to see the tracking right away. To improve your website’s content and conversion rate, you can track your online users’ behavior with automated event tracking. It will include clicks, scrolling, download, video, and more.
This analytics plugin further recovers most of the “not provided” keywords from Google. Therefore, they’ll also be evaluated in your website tracking data.
It’s very easy to install AFS Analytics. Not just this, it’s user-friendly plugin that provides an intuitive toolbar and shows your website statistics on WordPress admin area.
You can start analyzing your website traffic and performance in 3 steps.
Top AFS Analytics Features
- Recovering “not provided” keywords from Google
- Advanced AFS algorithm for real-time data
- Tracking, understanding and reporting visitor’s behavior
- Receiving automatically PDF reports daily / weekly / monthly
- Optimizing your website for search engines (SEO optimization)
- Ultimate performance via the latest technologies (HTML5, jQuery, AJAX)
Price: Starting at $11.86/Mo
Try it for Free!
14. ExactMetrics (GADWP)
ExactMetrics (formerly Google Analytics Dashboard for WP) is another popular plugin for WordPress analytics. It’s one of the top Google Analytics WordPress plugins that most of the beginners love.
ExactMetrics makes analytics easy to understand and shows reports right inside your WordPress dashboard.
The results include demographics reports, enhanced link tracking, affiliate link tracking, and real-time reports etc.
P.S. If you want an essential yet easy to understand analytics plugin for your WordPress site tracking, go for ExactMetrics.
Top ExactMetrics Features
- It adds the tracking code to your site and pulls all the key statistics for you
- Google analytics data such as statistic, timeframe, and more on your dashboard
- Supports multiple sites
- The Google Analytics tracking code is fully customizable through options and hooks
- It allows advanced data collection like custom dimensions and events
Clicky is another leading WordPress analytics plugin suitable for every WordPress user.
It is easy to use, and offers real-time data, individual visitor tracking, and can be extended with premium features.
The interface of this analytics plugin is quite intuitive. All your important data is shown on the dashboard. Moreover, you can also conveniently view the data from your mobile device as well.
Here’s what the analytics reports on Clicky look like:
P.S. Clicky can be your best bet if you are looking for an easy to use interface that works great for WordPress analytics..
Top Clicky Features
- Real-time analytics
- Individual visitor tracking
- Customizable dashboard
- Better bounce-rate calculation.
- Goal and campaign tracking (Pro)
- Split testing (Pro)
- Heatmaps (Pro Plus)
Price: Free for one website and 3,000 pageviews per day.
Premium accounts from $9.99/month.
Analytify is a freemium plugin for WordPress analytics.
It helps you add the Google Analytics tracking code and makes data tracking simple.
You can see the stats on the WordPress dashboard. Also, you can track the analytics related to specific posts and pages when you go to the Posts or Pages menus on the dashboard.
Analify plugin presents everything in a large, clear, and easy to follow format. It focuses on the key statistics for you to drill down to the details.
P.S. Analytify is a good option to access Google Analytics data almost anywhere on your WP dashboard. It’s offers a clean interface to give you a clearer view.
Top Analytify Features
- Easy-to-use social media stats
- eCommerce tracking (Pro)
- Front-end stat display (Pro)
- Real-Time Stats, Campaign Stats, and ShortCodes (Pro)
- More information about a post/page in the Edit screen
- Super-easy for beginners
Price: Here are the different Analytify pricing plans.
17. WP Power Stats
Seeking a lightweight WordPress plugin for website analytics? If yes, WP Power Stats is something to try!
It offers statistical data on page views, types of devices used by visitors, referral sources, OS and more.
The WordPress analytics plugin also allows you to customize statistical reports and manage website tracking for individual users.
Unlike Google Analytics which stores data on Google’s servers, WP Power Stats saves the analytics on your WordPress hosting account.
This means your website database can get really large leading to larger backup size and potential website speed issues.
Top WP Power Stats Features
- It offers multiple languages
- One-click install to get you started quick and easy
- Customizable plugin to personalize your data
- Private statistics on your hosting that only you can access
- Keeps track of page views, referrers, type of devices, operating system, location and more
Price: Download for Free
It can be irritating when you realize you don’t have enough access to data to troubleshoot issues on your WordPress site. Thankfully, with these 17 best WordPress analytics plugins, you can track website performance and problems from right within the dashboard.
Note: Take advantage of the power of analytics combined with the best, managed WordPress hosting to track performance, make better decisions, stay secured and achieve online success.
Compare the plugins listed above and choose the one suits you the best.
P.S. We hope this article helped you find the best analytics solutions for WordPress. You may also want to see our expert pick of the best Backup plugins for WordPress.
Which is your favorite WordPress analytics solution from the list, and why? Let us know in the comments below.