Are you looking for Magento 2 Mega Menu extensions?
It is very annoying to visit an ecommerce store and not be able to find the product you are looking for. You know the product is available, but it is buried deep in the pages without a quick way to reach it.
Store selling in multiple niche categories often suffers from this specific UX challenge. That’s why Mega Menus are used by large stores to clean up the store navigation. Magento enables you to build basic menus, but to make a mega one, you have to install a Magento extension.
In this article, I am going to show you the best Magento 2 Mega Menu extensions.
Mega Menu Examples
Several examples of Mega Menu examples used by large websites. As you can see, there are many types of mega menus, with images, videos and different blocks.
Features to look for when selecting a Mega Menu Extension?
There are many mega menu extensions available. So how to pick one?
I asked around Magento store owners and researched several important features of the mega menu. You can analyze your requirements, and make feature lists that would be useful for your store. The Magento 2 extension that has those features is your extension.
Responsive: Like the store, the Mega Menu must be responsive. Whether the store is open on a desktop, laptop, mobile, or flip phone, the mega menu must make sense and look good on every display.
Drag & Drop: The drag & drop builder helps non-developers design the mega menu. The marketing team cannot contact developers to sort out menu issues. Moreover, the menus are at the front of the website, so the ability to change should be given to the people who can do rapid changes to the website.
Sticky Menu: Sticky Menu option is critical if you want a Sticky Menu. Even if you are not currently using or planning to use it, an option to make the menu sticky is useful.
Display Images & Videos: One advantage of using Mega Menu is you can display images, videos and oodles of content in the menu. So the extension must have a function to insert images and videos into the menu efficiently. The image should load quickly; the video must play inside the menu.
Link categories, CMS pages, external URLs: The menu is a map with all the links to different pages and sections of the store. So there must be an option to link categories, pages automatically and external URLs manually.
Placed Anywhere: You will often find the menu in the header. But it does not mean you cannot use it anywhere else in the store. Quality extensions provide shortcodes and make the menu embeddable to any place in your store.
Best Magento 2 Mega Menu Extensions
Here are the best Magento 2 Mega Menu extensions to quickly create an amazing Mega Menu:
- Mega Menu for Magento 2 by Amasty
- Mega Menu Magento 2 Extension by WeltPixel
- Magento 2 Mega Menu Extension by MageDelight
- Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Landofcoder
- Magento 2 Mega Menu by BssCommerce
- Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Rootways
#1 Mega Menu for Magento 2 by Amasty
Mega Menu by Amasty is a popular extension among Magento store owners — it’s a premium add-on used for adding mega responsive menus and flyout menus to any Magento store. It comes with control transitions, fonts, menu orientation (vertical or horizontal), and changeable background color as well.
Besides being highly customizable, Mega Menu comes with an admin dashboard where you can control all of its options. It is a PWA-compatible extension. The mega menus are responsive and smooth. You can configure the width of each column in the menu, add widgets and shortcodes, and view your changes in live preview mode.
Features of Mega Menu for Magento 2 by Amasty:
- Ready made-templates to plug-n-play
- Add custom icons and animation effects
- Configure drill down and accordion mode
- Improve Magento side menu with PWA add-on
- Responsive and smooth navigation on mobile
- Insert CMS blocks, images, products, links, brands
Price: $199/year, Support for 12 Months
#2 Mega Menu Magento 2 Extension by WeltPixel
Another quality premium option, Mega Menu Magento 2 Extension by WeltPixel, has one of the best builder interfaces we’ve seen from a Magento extension. Menu items are configurable with the drag-and-drop method and the color coded builder is helpful.
It is easy to see the hierarchy of your menu items. Any special menu items you need to place — a logo, search bar, or icon — can be added in with a click. WeltPixel Mega Menu also offers multiple menu styles to choose from and preset color combinations to save you time. Menus are mobile and Magento-friendly.
Features of Mega Menu Magento 2 Extension by WeltPixel:
- Add custom links
- Prebuilt Menu layout available
- Open menu links in the new tab
- Complete freedom to move CMS block position
- Custom font colors for categories and subcategories
- Show custom labels to the Mega Menu to show a message on specific categories
Price: $99/year, Paid support.
#3 Magento 2 Mega Menu Extension by MageDelight
The Magento 2 Mega Menu creates a mega menu that seamlessly integrates with your current Magento theme. The drag-and-drop builder speeds up the mega menu building. Visual customization is key with this menu extension, as you can configure colors, fonts, and menu items while previewing the live changes. It is the only extension on the list that supports varnish cache.
Features of Magento 2 Mega Menu Extension by MageDelight:
- Build sticky menu
- Support Varnish Caching
- Add images and videos to the menu
- Add multiple animation effects to the menu
- Added hamburger menu design for desktops
- Drag and Drop builder to quickly build Mega Menu
- Link category, CMS pages, URLs and various block
- Support Magento Commerce B2B Customer Segments
Price: $149/LifeTime, Support for 3 Months
#4 Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Landofcoder
Mega Menu by LandofCoder is a highly rated solution. The extension provides a stunning mega menu for all types of devices. These menus can feature extensive images, products, and lists of your categories. Flexible menu templates can create anything from a vertical/horizontal menu to mobile-friendly options. What’s excellent about Mega Menu is that it includes advanced content and support animations.
Features of Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Landofcoder:
- Structure preview
- Drag and drop builder
- Vertical/horizontal menu
- Support multiple animations effects
- Widget Support to add menu anywhere on the store
- Mobile Menu: Off-Canvas Menu & Accordion Menu, Drilldown Menu
- Responsive Menu: Off-Canvas Menu & Accordion Menu, Drilldown Menu
- Submenu Types including Anchor Text, Dynamic Category Listing, Product Listing, and Product
Price: $45/LifeTime, Support for 12 Months
#5 Magento 2 Mega Menu by BssCommerce
The Mega Menu extension is only $35, making it one of the cheapest premium options on this list. It’s one of our favorite menu extensions because of the functionality to add several types of visuals from your dropdowns. You also have unlimited colors to choose from, meaning you can brand your menu with the current store.
Features of Magento 2 Mega Menu by BssCommerce:
- Support 3 sub-menu levels
- Add a static block to the menu
- Add, delete and edit menu items easily
- Customized menu URL, including category link
- Show labels on the menu items to display small messages
- Support 3 types of sub-menu: classic, category listing, and content
Price: $35/LifeTime, Support for 3 Months
#6 Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Rootways
Mega Main Menu is a simple but efficient extension for implementing a mega menu, providing everything you need for one and nothing that you don’t. Mega Main Menu has over five layout options for dropdown menus, and you can insert links, images, and widgets inside them. It also offers unlimited color options, a sticky menu setting (i.e. the menu stays on the screen as users scroll), and the ability to add a label to categories.
Features of Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2 by Rootways:
- Add any number of columns
- Automatic height adjustment
- Add icons and labels to categories
- Select dropdown location (left-right)
- Customize and manage design from the admin
- Configure the width of the category and content section
- Select mega menu types to create a mega menu from the template
Price: $49/LifeTime, Support for 3 Months
If you run a large Magento store with dozens of categories and subcategories, users should not have to spend minutes finding the product pages. And you should not spend hours coding navigation.
So try a Magento 2 Mega Menu extension. The right extension will help you make a mega menu to help visitors to find products quickly in your store. You can also add a search engine so the users can quickly search for what they are looking for.
In this article, I mentioned the best Magento 2 Mega Menu extensions. If you encounter any issues, feel free to leave them in the comment section.